Courtesy of Blue Violet Flowers and Gifts, Warrington PA
This week’s guest bloggers are Val and Cindy from the Blue Violet Flowers & Gifts shop in Warrington!
Many pass this adorable store on Route 611 at Bristol Road, but have you stopped in? Known primarily for their incredible bridal and prom flowers, they also have adorable and unique gifts for every occasion! Recently I went in for flowers and came out with not only the flowers but the most darling set of baby socks (which saved me a separate gift run) and a delicious bag of gourmet popcorn (cause why not treat myself?). The store is displayed perfectly and each section sucks you farther in. Definitely stop by – you will love it and you will not leave empty handed!
If you have prom goers in the Bucks County area, chances are you’ve heard that THE place to order from is Blue Violet. Known to have the best, most up-to-date, and just downright perfect prom flowers, we tapped their expertise this week! We had to get it now because with the tsunami of spring bridal and prom orders speeding their way they won’t have much time for blogging…
Read on to find out what you need to know!
Flowers are the icing on the cake when it comes to prom. You’ve got your date, a gorgeous dress, awesome shoes, stunning jewelry, and a sweet limo ride. Now you need the perfect complement of flowers to bring it all together. Over the years, the floral industry has seen many styles and trends come and go and we are definitely on trend!
Here are some pointers to help you select the best flowers for your magical night.
- Wristlets have been the standard, but handheld bouquets are trending more this year. The cool thing about your prom flowers is that they are yours….so get what you want!
- Bling….and lots of it! Keepsake rhinestone and pearl bracelets are a big hit for the wristlets, and rhinestone gem accents make the handheld bouquets sparkle and stand out. Glitter and gold leaves, sparkle and satin ribbon – these are all fancy additions for the wristlets and handheld bouquets.
- Guys – your boutonniere is important too! Make sure your flowers match your dates wristlet or handheld bouquet.
- Typically, the guys order and pay for the girl’s flowers, and the girls order and pay for the guy’s flowers. However, you and your date can decide how you would like to handle this.
- The trend is to come in together so that everything matches. Dress swatches are helpful. (Pictures are okay, but colors can be deceiving on a phone screen.)
- If you are not able to come in together, please have as much information as possible for ease in ordering. (i.e. dress color and/or swatch, flowers preferred, etc)
- Not sure what to order? Tell us what color the dress is and leave it up to our experienced designers to create a beautiful wristlet or handheld bouquet to compliment the dress.
- While we accommodate orders placed at any time, we recommend about 2 weeks in advance. It is a whole lot easier on you, the designers at the shop, and the availability at the flower wholesaler.
- Please allow at least 24 hours for any changes to your order that may be necessary (if dress/ribbon/flower color changes, for example). You don’t want to have to wait for new flowers on the day of prom.
It’s Prom Day…what do I do?
- When picking up, look at your flowers before you leave the shop. Make sure everything has been made to your specifications. We want you to be 100% satisfied.
- When you get home, place your wristlet and/or boutonniere (box and all) in the fridge on the top shelf.
- DO NOT put them in the freezer or leave them in the car!!
- If you ordered a handheld bouquet, place it in a vase or glass with just enough water to cover the very bottom of the stems until it is time to go. You don’t want to get the ribbon wet, so be aware of how much water is in the vase/glass. Be sure to pat the bottom of the stems dry.
I need to present my date with his/her flowers…where do they go?
- Wristlets are placed on the LEFT arm
- Boutonniere’s are placed on the LEFT lapel
- When presenting…..smile for the camera, have fun, and be safe!
Darianna Bridal & Tuxedo is proud to offer tips from another one of our premier partners in Bucks County. Contact the Blue Violet Flowers & Gifts for any flower needs – including bridal flowers and special occasion – or better yet, stop in and fall in love with this sweet store located at 1345 Easton Road (corner of Route 611 and Bristol Road) in Warrington! Call Val or Cindy at 215-220-1000 or visit their website www.bluevioletflowers.com.
When you’re ready to find that perfect prom dress in Bucks County, stop by Darianna Prom & Tuxedo! We offer hundreds of prom gowns from leading designers, and our consultants will ensure that you look gorgeous on your special day. For more information, give us a call or stop by today!