Mother of the bride/groom dresses are coming back!
For a number of reasons we stopped selling mother dresses for a few years, but with changes to the retail sector, as well as to the entire wedding industry, we need to change as well.
Many major, well-known retailers are closing locations, filing Chapter 11, or going to an online platform and now moms ask us daily where to go for a dress.
Moms want and deserve to feel special during this exciting time! She watches her daughter try on dresses and say yes, why should she have a dress show up on her doorstep in a bag? Trying on at home alone, with her questions going unanswered? We think moms deserve better than that…
So excited to announce our new Mothers line arriving this fall: MGNY by Madeline Gardner! She is the designer of the Morilee brand of wedding dresses, known for fit, style, and class. Because we have carried Morilee for over a year, we can attest to all of those, as well as quality, shipping, and delivery dates.
Every mom says “I am the mother of the bride (groom), but I don’t want to look like one.” We all understand – that means she doesn’t want to look old, out of style, or the dreaded ‘frumpy’. With MGNY, you won’t!
This line has everything our moms want:
- youthful, yet appropriate styles
- great fit, solid construction
- wide choice of quality fabrics
- colors to blend beautifully with the party
- fast shipping times
Some good tips to consider when starting your search are:
- Ask the couple if they have a preference on what you wear.
- Let the mother of the bride choose her gown first. Unless this has been mutually agreed otherwise, she goes first.
- Consider venue, location, time of day, and probable temperature, as well as any religious or cultural customs.
- Choose a color that complements the color palette of the wedding.
- Start looking about 6-9 months before to get an idea of what styles you like.
- Order your gown 5-6 months in advance. Some gowns can take 3-4 months to arrive.
Some no-no’s to keep in mind:
Do not attempt to out-do the bride or the other mother. Wear what you feel best in while complementing them and the wedding party.
Do not wear white, ivory, the same color as the other mother, or the bridesmaids. Unless directed otherwise (perhaps a black-tie or holiday affair), it is also advisable to avoid black and red.
Do not pick a size based on what you “intend” to be at the wedding. Buy your gown in the size you are and have it taken in, if necessary. You’ll be happy you did either way.
Our introductory trunk show for MGNY is already scheduled for October 23-25, 2020! If your mom or MIL is going to need a dress, this is the show for her!
So excited to have this new line to offer moms and don’t worry, you wont look like a “mother of the bride”…