Destination weddings at beautiful and exotic locations require beautiful and exotic gowns.
Fortunately, Darianna Bridal & Tuxedo has gowns to fit virtually any wedding.
To help you get started in choosing the look you want, you will need to know a few things such as heavier satins are not a good choice for beach weddings and that pouffy gowns with crinoline need much more space to pack.
Your wedding gown is an important part of your big day, and it’s important to pack and ship them with care.
Here are some tips on how to pack destination wedding gowns:
- When choosing your gown for a beach wedding or to a warm location, consider fabrics like organza, chiffon, soft tulle, and lace.
- Shimmering beads and light sequins can create a magnificent beach look from sunrise to sunset. A few of our favorites:
- Darianna Bridal & Tuxedo will pack your gown for you for transport. If you are packing on your own, use white tissue between the folds and tuck around and over any beading on the bodice; stuff tissue in the bodice (or ask your bridal salon for a cardboard bust form) to maintain the shape. Put in a clear cleaners bag first, then into a garment bag.
- Carry your gown with you if you are flying and ask the crew to hang it for you in their in-flight closet. You do not want the risk of lost luggage.
- If you are driving, lay your gown flat on top of luggage. If there is not enough room, fold over once in the middle and place on top of luggage.
- Contact your wedding planner at the venue and ask if there is a steamer or dry-cleaning service available, and if there is a seamstress on hand or nearby. If not, be sure to bring an emergency sewing kit, just in case.
- Relax and enjoy! It’s going to be a magical day to say, “I do!” Of course every single detail may not be perfect, but don’t let little things spoil your fun.
- If you’re getting ready to plan your wedding, contact Darianna Bridal. We have a wonderful selection of wedding dresses, tuxedos, and bridesmaid dresses. Whether you’re getting married in Bermuda or Bucks County, we’ll help you find the perfect gown.